3 Questions To Ask Before Hiring An Orlando Estate Auction Service
When you need the services of an Orlando estate auction company, you may not know where to begin. Here are some questions to ask before making your choice.
At certain points in life, you may have a need to liquidate material assets. It could be after the loss of a loved one, or in the case that you need to downsize. When you need to part with a large number of household items, you may need to hold an Orlando estate auction. Asking professionals to handle this process is a simple way to clear out a living space so that you and your family can move on to other tasks. Ask these questions when looking to hire an auction service.
What is the difference between an estate sale and an estate auction?
Estate sale style=”font-weight: 400;”> – This type of sale usually takes place over a few days. The estate sale representative will categorize, display, and price each item. The company will also advertise the sale and handle money during the sale.
Estate auction – An estate auction may begin the same way as an estate sale. Items will be categorized and displayed. Since the Orlando estate auction is usually a one-day event, the estate auction company will advertise the date and time of the auction. Prior to the auction, buyers will have the opportunity to view the items and pick up a numbered auction paddle. Prices for each item will be determined by the highest bid. An Orlando estate auction could also have bidders online during the event.
Why should I choose an estate auction over an estate sale?
There are many reasons an Orlando estate auction could meet your needs.
- Faster – Typically a one-day event
- Broader audience – Opening up the auction to online bidding brings in more buyers
- Higher prices – Bidding often encourages buyers to spend more on items
How will my estate auction be advertised?
Since an Orlando estate auction is a one-day event, it’s crucial to the success of the sale that many buyers attend. There are several ways to spread the word and increase the chances of higher bids.
- Online ads – Your estate auction partner likely has a way to set up an online advertising campaign. Including photos of the bigger-ticket items will drive interest in your sale. Allowing bidders to participate online will also increase sales during your auction.
- Local ads – Advertising in the local newspaper will reach a wide audience. Buyers are always looking for sales taking place in their area. Newspaper ads are a great way to get local buyers to attend your auction.
- Neighborhood ads – Putting up signs around the neighborhood and advertising on your neighborhood social media pages will help spread the word nearby.
- Direct mail – Depending on the size of your sale and the number of valuable items included, a direct mail campaign can bring people in who may have been missed by your other marketing efforts. Buyers from neighboring cities can travel into town for the day of your event.
The best way to find the right Orlando estate auction company for you is to talk to them personally. At Busby Estate Liquidation & Realty Services, we have extensive experience with all aspects of an estate auction. Our team knows how to sort and display your items effectively. We also know how to operate the auction to get you the highest bids.
One more question you should ask is, “What do you need me to do?” The answer should be, “Nothing.” If you need to liquidate your or your loved one’s home, leave it to the professionals. We can take care of the entire process for you, from start to finish. Contact us today and let us handle this difficult task for you.
Chad Busby, Licensed Real Estate Broker